Last Tuesday night’s episode of 205 Live from The Moda Center in Portland, Oregon saw Tony Nese defeat Akira Tozawa in a #1 Contender’s Match to earn another shot at The WWE Cruiserweight Title.
This WWE Cruiserweight Title Match, which will be WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak’s first title defense, is set to take place at next month’s WWE Extreme Rules PPV Event. Drew Gulak just won The WWE Cruiserweight Title at this past Sunday night’s WWE Stomping Grounds Kickoff Show by defeating Akira Tozawa & Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Tony Nese in a Triple Threat Match.
WWE Extreme Rules is set to take place on Sunday, July 14th from The Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Below is the updated card for next month’s WWE Extreme Rules PPV Event:
Winners Take All Match For Both The WWE Universal Title & RAW Women’s Title
– WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins & RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans
WWE Title Match
– Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Samoa Joe
SmackDown Women’s Title Match
– Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss
WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
– Drew Gulak (c) vs. Tony Nese
– The Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre
Long time writer and life long fan of professional wrestling.