ECW legend Raven recently did an interview with Hannibal TV, where he said that he heard Billy Corgan was planning on shutting down the NWA.
The NWA, like just about all other wrestling promotions, were forced to go on hiatus because of the COVID-19 pandemic. During that time they lost Zicky Dice, and Ricky Starks. Also during the #SpeakingOut movement, former Vice President Dave Lagana was accused of sexual assault.
Raven worked with Corgan previously in the independent promotion Resistance Pro Wrestling which Corgan owned.
Here is what Raven said:
“I didn’t book for Billy before, I just worked with him in the office. I was like his assistant I guess. Me and Billy get along really well, but I think Billy is shutting it down, from what I hear. The thing is, Billy really does the booking. Billy does all the booking, at least he did with the Resistance Pro. He liked me there to have my wrestling mind so I can say yay or nay to ideas, you know, like if they make sense or they don’t. But ultimately, he was the final say on everything. As he should have been, you know? I don’t know, I heard through the grapevine that Billy is not opening it back up and he’s disillusioned.”
Transcription provided by 411mania.com
Huge fan of pro-wrestling for over 25 years. Lived through the Monday night wars (WWE/WCW) and the ECW revolution. Currently a big fan of Lucha Underground, NXT, MLW, PWG, and even Impact Wrestling…