WWE recently held their latest set of TV Tapings for their NXT brand which emanated from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. These tapings cover The NXT TV episodes of the months of August & September. Note that some of these matches air on a different date to where it is originally categorized. Below are the full spoiler results from those tapings:
August 21st Episode:
– We open with a recap of The NXT TakeOver: Toronto II PPV Special.
– The Undisputed ERA comes out to start. NXT Champion Adam Cole says that he did everything he said he would and that he is the greatest champion NXT has had. Roderick Strong then says that they should all have gold, and says that they got screwed. Roddy then says that NXT North American Champion The Velveteen Dream’s title reign is on borrowed time. Kyle O’Reilly then says that to win a tag match you have to pin the legal man. They send us to a video showing that Bobby Fish tagged in to the match at the end and Fish demands that NXT General Manager William Regal come make this right. Cole then hypes all three of them up and says that they are two steps from fulfilling The Undisputed Prophecy. As Undisputed ERA walks up the ramp, Jordan Myles comes out. Cole runs him down while Myles stands there, and after Cole trash talks, Myles hands him the contract he won in The NXT Breakout Tournament before leaving.
– Damian Priest defeated Mansoor Al-Shehail. Mansoor gets some fun Hope offense in, but gets levelled with a Razor’s Edge and Priest hits The Archer Of Destiny for the win.
– Mia Yim defeated Vanessa Borne. Aliyah grabs Mia’s foot for the distraction, allowing Vanessa to take control. Mia takes control back and hits a single-leg Codebreaker/Eat Defeat mashup for the win. After the match, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler comes out. Shayna tells Mia that she is a badass and that she took her to places she never had to go to win. Shayna then says that they don’t have to stand on opposite sides. Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke surround the ring as Shayna proposes she join them. Mia attacks Marina and then gets laid out by the other Horsewomen.
– We go to a video package on Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic, discussing their paths here on NXT and how they have crossed before they got here, including highlights of their EVOLVE Match during WrestleMania 33 weekend and their previous Full Sail encounter.
– Killian Dain defeated Matt Riddle. Riddle jumps Dain from behind to start, but eventually gets overpowered. Riddle fights back and hits the Broton and the elbows, but Dain gets into the ropes and the referee pulls Riddle off. Riddle with the ripcord knee, but Dain rebounds with a shotgun drop kick. Riddle catches Dain going for a running senton, and locks in a submission. Riddle misses the Floating Bro and gets thrown into the ring post. Dain charges the steps, but Riddle gets out of the way. Riddle goes to drop him on the steps, but Dain counters. Dain hits a senton on the stairs, a drop off the apron, and three Vader drops for the win. After the match, Riddle runs up the ramp and attacks Dain, and they brawl outside, ending with Dain doing a running senton onto Riddle on the concrete with a ladder on him.
August 28th Episode:
– Io Shirai defeated Cami Fields in a squash match. Io hits the moonsault, but picks Fields up at 2 and locks in her modified Koji Clutch for the tapout. After the match, Io grabs a kendo stick, but Candice LeRae runs down and takes the stick and runs Io off.
– Dominik Dijakovic defeated Keith Lee in a great big man back and forth match. Lee with a big lariat for 2. They fight on the apron. Lee one arm powerbombs Dijakovic on the apron. Dijakovic with a Fosberry Flop. Dijakovic with a toss suplex and a moonsault for 2. They fight on the top rope. Lee hits a Spanish Fly for 2. Lee goes up for the Doomsault, but Dijakovic kicks his leg out, pulls him off the rope, and hits Feast Your Eyes for the win.
– NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler comes out. Before she can speak, Rhea Ripley interrupts to a big pop. Rhea squares off with Shayna, takes the mic, and says that she knows what Shayna is gonna say, that she has beaten everyone here, but Rhea says “you haven’t beaten me, b—h!” Shayna & Rhea stare each other down.
– A promo from NXT Tag Team Champions The Street Profits is shown. They say that they have got light work tonight with The Undisputed ERA.
September 4th Episode:
– Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango) defeated Chase Parker & Matt Martel. Parker & Martel are Team 3.0. They work over Tyler Breeze for most of the match. Breeze gets the hot tag to Fandango, who runs wild, and they hit the elbow drop on the knees double team for the win.
– Bianca Belair defeated Taynara Conti. Good exchange to start. Double knees in the corner by Belair. Taynara into an armbar over the ropes. Bianca slams Taynara on the floor. They both get in at 9 and charge at each other with Bianca getting the best of the battle. Bianca hits a forearm and the Belair Driver for the win.
– NXT Champion Adam Cole retained over Jordan Myles, who was cashing in his NXT Breakout Tournament title shot. Cole with a side headlock to start, and he keeps going back to it to counter Myles. Myles with an armdrag, but Cole backs him into the corner. Myles misses on the running apron kick and Cole pulls him to the floor. Cole in complete control. Jordan fights back after some Cole trash talk and runs wild, hitting a big crossbody for 2. Cole back in control, but misses a Panama Sunrise. Cole with a Figure 4 but Myles gets to the ropes. They fight on the top rope. Myles jumps off, but Cole kicks him out of the air and hits the knee brainbuster for 2. Myles with a tope and a frogsplash for a near fall. Myles catches a superkick and puts Cole down and hits a 450 for 2. Cole nails a superkick as Myles gets back in the ring, one to the back of the head, and the Last Shot for the win.
– We get a video promo from The Undisputed ERA about their tag titles match.
September 11th Episode:
– Damian Priest defeated Boa. Priest with the spin kick and the Crossrhodes for the win.
– Johnny Gargano heads out. He gets a giant Johnny Wrestling chant for a few minutes before starting his promo. He does the usual “We Are NXT” promo, and says that he has made his decision. Before he can announce it, he is interrupted by Shane Thorne. Thorne says that they are wasting more time. He says that he gets it, but this place is gonna be just fine without him. Thorne tells Johnny to take his bow, and take a walk. Gargano goes to leave and says that he is right, but he is not going anywhere, and kicks Thorne. Gargano writes NXT in the air with his fingers and does the 4-life sign.
– NXT North American Champion The Velveteen Dream defeated Kona Reeves. Dream wins with the Dream Valley Driver. This was really a nothing match. After the match, Roderick Strong cuts a promo on the video screen to interrupt Dream. Roddy asks if Dream is ready for an experience with Roddy, and the camera pans out to show Dream’s couch on fire. Roddy asks if he has Dream’s attention now.
– Pete Dunne defeated Angel Garza. Dunne with Digital Control to start as Garza attempted to do his tear away pants gimmick. Garza gets Dunne outside and kicks him while he is upside down on the apron. Garza tears the pants off to a huge pop. Garza with a dropkick to Dunne’s legs in the corner. Garza attempts a middle rope moonsault, but Dunne catches him and snaps his fingers in an armbar for a tapout.
– Cameron Grimes defeated Raul Mendoza. Raul with a running shooting star for 2. They go back and forth. Grimes dodges a phoenix splash and hits the standing double stomp for the win.
– NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler defeated Rhea Ripley by DQ in a non-title match. They go back and forth to start, with Rhea getting the better and taking control. Shayna reverses a suplex into a cradle for 2. Shayna catches Rhea in the ropes and turns the tide. Rhea gets caught in the choke, but backs Shayna into the corner. Shayna locks the choke in on the middle rope, dangling Rhea off the ground. Shayna gets knocked outside. Rhea puts her in an electric chair and drops her face first on the steps. Rhea rolls her in the ring when Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke run down. Rhea fights them off, but catches a knee from Shayna. Shayna gets a chair, but Rhea takes it away and hits Shayna for the DQ. After the match, Rhea sits in the chair and challenges Shayna as she holds the belt up on the stage.
– The Undisputed ERA’s Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish defeated The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions. Montez Ford & Bobby Fish start. Fish takes control and tags Kyle O’Reilly. Kyle holds Montez at bay with a side headlock. Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford run wild. Crossbody for 2. Kyle kicks Montez while the referee is distracted keeping Dawkins out. Undisputed ERA takes control back and works over Montez. Kyle with an STF. Fish attacks Montez’s knee. Montez fights back and gets the hot tag to Dawkins. Dawkins with a spear for 2. Dawkins with an ugly suplex on Fish. Kyle with a kneebar on Dawkins, but Montez breaks it up. They all 4 trade blows. Montez misses the frog splash and Undisputed ERA hits the high-low for the win and the titles. This match should air on September 4th. That is the end of the tapings as The Undisputed ERA poses on the stage together.
Long time writer and life long fan of professional wrestling.