We are just about three weeks away from WrestleMania and this year’s show is turning out to be a packed show from top to bottom with rumors circulating that 17 or more matches may be featured at the event. After the recently concluded WWE Fastlane PPV, it was determined that the featured matches of WrestleMania 35 will be WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins for The WWE Universal Title and RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair for The RAW Women’s Title.
Apart from those high-caliber matches, it was also announced last Monday night on RAW that Kurt Angle’s opponent for his retirement match at WrestleMania 35 is Baron Corbin. It was also announced that Braun Strowman will be a part of The 6th Annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
On a recent edition of The Wrestling Observer Radio Program, Dave Meltzer mentioned that The WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal that was recently added to The WrestleMania card each year will still be taking place at WrestleMania 35. Not only that, but apparently 3 or 4 other matches that haven’t been talked about on WWE TV are still in the works to be featured on the card.
This increase in length for WrestleMania is a trend that has been proven true every year and it’s an idea that has carried over into the other annual PPV Events. WrestleMania 32’s main card ended around The 286 minute mark, WrestleMania 33 reached 305 minutes and last year’s WrestleMania 34 had a runtime of 314 minutes. If those are any sign of what is to come, Forbes.com may be correct when they say that this “will likely become the longest WWE PPV of all time.”
Forbes.com also noted that superstar morale in WWE is what has inspired this “all hands on deck” mindset with The WrestleMania 35 card and with the forthcoming launch of All Elite Wrestling, employee morale is as important as ever.
WrestleMania 35 takes place on April 7th from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Below is the updated & confirmed card for next month’s WrestleMania 35:
WrestleMania 35 Host: Alexa Bliss
WrestleMania 35 Special Correspondents: SNL’s Michael Che & Colin Jost
WrestleMania 35 Featured Musical Act: Elias
WWE Universal Title Match
– Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins
RAW Women’s Title Match (Triple Threat Match)
– Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch
WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
– Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese
No Holds Barred Match
– Triple H vs. Batista
Farewell Match for WWE Hall Of Famer Kurt Angle
– Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin
6th Annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
– Braun Strowman & Others TBA
– The Miz vs. Shane McMahon
– AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
Below are rumored matches for next month’s WrestleMania 35:
WWE Title Match
– Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kofi Kingston
SmackDown Women’s Title Match (Multi-Woman Match)
– Asuka (c) vs. TBA
WWE Women’s Tag Team Title Match (Multi-Team Match)
– The Boss ‘N’ Hug Connection (Sasha Banks & Bayley) (c) vs. WWE Hall Of Famer Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs. Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka vs. TBA
RAW Tag Team Title Match (Multi-Team Match)
– The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder) (c) vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black vs. TBA
SmackDown Tag Team Title Match (Multi-Team Match)
– The Usos (Jey & Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. The Hardys (Matt & Jeff Hardy) vs. The Bar (Sheamus & Cesaro) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev vs. TBA
WWE United States Title Match
– Samoa Joe (c) vs. John Cena or TBA
WWE Intercontinental Title Match (Multi-Man Match)
– Bobby Lashley (c) vs. TBA
– Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
– 2nd Annual WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal
Long time writer and life long fan of professional wrestling.